Wednesday, August 1, 2012

In the Radio Edit Words of Cee Lo Green

Forget You July! 

No, this is not a repeat of yesterdays' post.  Granted, I was so frickin happy that it was August that I nearly peed myself when the clock struck midnight, but that's beside the point. 

No the reason that I am quoting from Cee Lo's song book is that as of yesterday morning I was sitting on 90 miles for the month, with only a 4 miler on tap for the day.  After oversleeping in the morning, and missing my run, July began to taunt me with what had to be the mildest weather of the month.  And this I could not take.  July (i/ʊˈl/ juu-LY) is the seventh month of the year in the Julian and Gregorian Calendars, the month that marks both the birth of our nation and your's truely, had been mocking me for the better part of 31 days.  And, I was sick of it!

So with less than 6 hours to go, I decided to lace em up after work and sing July a lullaby from of my Green's that you may have heard a time or two.  The run was a struggle because, even though the temps were mild in comparison to what we have been experiencing. it was still pretty dang hot!  However, I was able to tough it out, get my 10 miles, cross the century mark for the second straight month and tell July to . . .

Forget You!


So hit it Mr. Green!

No comments:

Post a Comment