Sunday, March 14, 2010

An Exercise Junky Finds the Good Shit!

Well, I am not sure what got into me today but I really wanted to sweat today. And sweat I did!!! Not only was my shirt soak, but by about half way through my workout my shorts were starting to get heavy from the sweat that they has absorbed. Today's workout felt good mentally as well as physically. I was able to get to a place where my mind was really focused on what I was doing. In fact, by the last third of my workout time just seemed to pass with an exhilarating ease. I think that this kind of high is only felt by true junkies. Your drug doesn't matter; this is the type of high that all true junky seek. Yes, I admit that I am a addict, but I content with my addiction right now. And considering how many years I was addicted to Cheezits and CNN Headline News (Hey, I know that just sad, but it could have been HSN!), I think that there may be some major benefits to my current drug!

 

 

 
Today's workout:

 
Warm Up: 1 mile Bicycle ride to gym

 
1st Intervals: Jump Rope 90 seconds work / 15 seconds rest for 15 rounds

 
2nd Intervals: 90 seconds work / 15 seconds rest

 
  1. Burpee into a prisoner squat w/high knees
  2. Fire Hydrants w/leg extension
  3. Standard Crunches
  4. Oblique Crunches w/leg raises (left)
  5. Oblique Crunches w/leg raises (right)
  6. Burpee into a prisoner squat w/high knees
  7. Fire Hydrants w/leg extension
  8. Bicycles
  9. Crossover Crunch Left
  10. Crossover Crunch Right
  11. Burpee into a prisoner squat w/high knees
  12. Bird Dogs
  13. Standard Crunch Crossover Crunch Left
  14. Crossover Crunch Right

 
3rd Intervals: 90 seconds work / 15 seconds rest

 
  1. Jump Rope
  2. Burpee into a prisoner squat w/high knees
  3. Jump Rope
  4. Prisoner squat w/high knees
  5. Jump Rope
  6. Fire Hydrants w/leg extension
  7. Jump Rope
  8. Standard Crunches
  9. Jump Rope
  10. Oblique Crunches w/leg raises (left)
  11. Jump Rope
  12. Oblique Crunches w/leg raises (right)
  13. Jump Rope

 
Cool Down: 1 mile Bicycle ride from gym

No comments:

Post a Comment