Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Gym is My New Bro: 12/15

Wow, I all cracked out on the gym these days.  Can't even explain it, but I have myself on a crazy schedule were I am getting up everyday at 4:15am Monday through Thursday and hitting the gym.  And . . . I'm lovin' it the way "Fat Greg" used to love Quarter Pounders!

Mondays (Bike & Abs) and Wednesdays (Jump Rope & Abs) are still for X-training and Tuesdays and Thursdays are running, exercise bike and abs.  Tuesday are treadmill days and Thursdays, I hit the streets before returning to the gym to finish up.  Saturday is another gym treadmill day and Sunday is my long run followed by watching the Raiders face plant (at least for the last two weeks).   I've gone on gym rushes like this before but this time it is combined with a major change in my eating habits, so I am feeling like the work I am putting in at the gym might just begin to produce the results that I want.

I know that I am not going to shed pounds as rapidly as I would like, but that is not the point.  I am more interested in sustainable weight loss and balanced workout.  I have debated about the personal trainer thing in the past and haven't gone that route for a couple of reasons.  Obviously, the cost is part of it.  However, there is a deeper issue involved because I want my accomplishments to be my own.  Maybe that sounds kind of silly, but it has become more and more important to me as my weight loss journey has turned into a personal odyssey that I have the internal drive to push myself and hold myself accountable.  However, working with a personal trainer in order to get a better understanding of how to exercise correctly is really appealing.  At one time, I though that group workout classes were a nice middle ground, but group classes have lost nearly all of their appeal unfortunately.  There are a variety of reasons for this change, which I won't bother to detail, but I just can't see myself returning to classes anytime soon.  Regardless, the gym is my Bro for the moment, and I have no idea how long this Bromance will last, but I hope that it will be a long term thing.  Anyway . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment