Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Best Wishes Virtual Run October 13th to 15th

Many of people in the Blogging and running world know these two, right?

Image stolen and used without permission, don't be mad!  Please!
Morgan & Spike are two of the best people that I never met in real life, but interact with via the wonderful world of the Internet, and as many of you know, they are getting hitched on October 13th.  Morgan has been the most supportive and encouraging person of my running, fitness, and blogging life.  Her comments and have meant so much to me, and I wanted to let her know just how much her encouragement means to me.  When she was suffering from a stress fracture and couldn't run for around a year, she still took time to read about my running life and send me some encouraging words.  It meant the world to me, and I think that I have found a way to say thank you.

The Plan: A Best Wishes Virtual Run For Morgan & Spike

When: Anytime Between October 13th and 15th (the wedding is the 13th and Morgan's Birthday is the 15th)

What You Do:  Take a run in honor of Morgan & Spike, send me an e-mail at: gregjd77@gmail(dot)com and tell me the number of miles you ran in honor of Spike and Morgan. Links post, and pictures would be awesome as well!  All will be shared with Morgan and Spike.  I plan to do a write up of every ones effort and share it on by the end of October.  (Adam at the Boring Runner is also planning to help as well and I'll add a link to his page shortly)

What You Get: A warm fuzzy feeling inside for having done something nice for two people on their wedding day.

What I Get: The same warm fuzzy feeling.  Nothing more.  I do not wish to profit from this in way.  I don't do promotions on my blog, nor do I have ads or profit from my blog in anyway.

Do you have to know Morgan or Spike to participate:  No, not at all.  On my wedding day total strangers went out of their way to congratulate my wife and I and wish us well.  It was wonderful!

Do Morgan & Spike know about this:   I am not trying to keep it a surprise and did ask permission.  This is my way of attempting to do something nice for a couple on their wedding day.  

2 comments:

  1. LOL at the photo caption! As I said before, Greg you are so sweet for this and seriously, it's been my pleasure encouraging you on your running adventures! You've come so far and it's been so awesome seeing all the progress you've made along the way. Next stop, Daddytown!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks bunches and bunches!! It's been really fun and I can't wait until the day that we can all do a race together!

    ReplyDelete