Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Two Weeks of Baby Balancing Workouts

For the last two weeks my wife and I have been passing our son back and forth as we work around each others schedules, and I've been trying to get in my runs and keep my workout schedule where it needs to be.  Fortunately, I think that we have done well and being alone with my son has caused me to make some positive changes as well.  For one, if the weather is nice I am much more likely to go for a walk.  Kaito loves to ride in his stroller and a 3.5 mile stroller walk is and awesome way to get him to take a nap while burning a few calories.  Also, I am so busy around the house with diaper changes, feedings, bottle washing, dishes, laundry, clean ups, and playtime that I don't have time to sit around and snack.  When I do go for a snack it is usually something easy like an apple or orange.

My workouts and runs have dropped off a little, but a lot of that is to do with getting use to our new schedules and finding out what works and what doesn't.  Also, I lost one day due to a migraine, which pre-baby wouldn't have matter all that much but was more difficult to reschedule now.  It is interesting that in the past my schedule had nothing but flexibility, which sometimes led me to put off a workout thinking that I could do it later in the day, only to to delay again and again, until I ended up skipping it.  Now, I know that if I don't get up at 4am on Saturday morning, I am not running that day.  So in some ways the nature of my schedule is adding motivation to my workouts, which is something that I would not have expected.  We'll see if this continues but as of now things are going well, and I am off now, because I have no more time in my schedule for blogging today.

No comments:

Post a Comment