Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Spring is Here . . . Summer Is On the Way!

I've been hard pressed to write anything for awhile because I haven't wanted to hear myself complain anymore about my allergies (and I am sure that no one else wanted to hear it either).  The last two weeks have sucked, but I gotten myself back on track.  I still am not feeling 100%, but running and working out have been manageable, since the middle of last week.  Luckily, my next race isn't until the 14th and it is only a 10k.  Listen to me . . . only a 10k.  Wow, a lot has changed in the last two years!  I have only four more races this spring, and I have promised both myself and my wife that I will not register for another race until the fall.
I know summer is going suck, but I can't help looking forward to it.

Frankly, I am looking forward to focusing a lot of energy to cross training and dodging horseflies in Umstead park over the summer.  My plan is get my weight down another 15 to 20 pounds by the end of October.  It will be a challenge because I am basically hovering around at my lowest body weight of the last 15 years.  But, my motivation is also at an all time high at the moment as well.   I love racing.  I am looking forward to each of my remaining races, but I am also looking forward to just getting down to some hardcore summer training.  Now, in July when I have to get my long run in before 7am or face the wrath of Apollo, I'll probably hate life.  But, at the the moment, I must say I am sort of looking forward to summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment