Irene from Tales from the Back of the Pack tagged me with the following questions
Here are your questions:
1. What is your favorite holiday and why? Any special traditions?This one is easy. Thanksgiving. I missed Thanksgiving the most when I lived in Japan. There was no Thanksgiving in Japan and unlike Christmas, no one knew anything about it or cared in the slightest. Now that we are back in the states, I can enjoy Thanksgiving, which always puts me in the mood for Christmas and New Years. As for Traditions, it has been the standard fare Turkey and Football, but I may be starting a new one this year with the Turkey Trot -- a local 8k held on Thanksgiving. I am already entered!
2. What songs are on your go-to playlist? Describe how or why the music motivates you.
|Black Sheep By Metric is a great song to kick of a run with|
|Electric Feel is my top running song now|
Black Sheep -- Metric
All These Things That I've Done -- The Killers
How You Like Me Now -- The Heavy
Make Me Wanna Die -- The Pretty Reckless
My Heart, Your Hands -- Dommin
Steady As She Goes -- The Raconteurs
Back Against the Wall -- Cage the Elephant
Time to Pretend -- MGMT
Your Woman --White Town
Whataya Want from Me -- Adam Lambert
Electric Feel -- MGMT
Gold Lion -- Yeah Yeah Yeahs
New Moon Rising -- Wolfmother
Paper Planes (Blaqstarr Remix) -- M.I.A.
Cosmic Egg -- Wolfmother
Beat the Devil's Tattoo -- Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
Medicate -- AFI
E-Pro -- Beck
West Coast -- Coconut Records
Colossal -- Wolfmother
|How You Like Me Now by the British band The Heavy is the |
song that has lasted the longest in my running playlist
I tend to have large playlists because I get bored with songs after a while. I'll have a 2 hour play list then put it on random and keep it fresh. A lot of my songs are chosen because of the lyrics. I was a literature major, and I'm a sucker for a good story. Most of the songs are a little fast, but I think that I like songs that have a good emotional depth. I think that I feed off the emotion the music stirs up than the beat or rhythm for the most parts.
3. What is your dream vacation? Money is not an issue. I would love to travel across Europe on the Orient Express. I love to ride on trains. I miss the Japanese rail system so much. I don't even mind the packed Tokyo subway system.
4. Looking back at 2010 so far...what are you most proud of? That I have made the healthy changes in my life that I always dreamed of making, and along the way I found something that has stirred my passion.
I am going to tag the following blogger:
I Am Boring
Running in Circles
When I Get a Little, Run Run Run
Here are your questions:
1) Where would you like to run most in the world?
2) Who would you like to run with the most? Living or dead. Why?
3) What is the one song on your I-pod that you really don't want anyone to know that you love. Mine was Whataya Want from Me -- Adam Lambert
4) Looking back at 2010 so far...what are you most proud of?