Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Mad Season -- Sat: 7/23

I wouldn't say that this is at all how I thought my July would be going because I was having a hell of a June before the wheels came off.  I am attempting to get back into the flow of working out, but I have not been as successful as I would like.  Part of this is to do with my own mental funk as well as the atrocious weather we have been having: several days of 100+ degree heat, the rest in the high 90's, and humidity that make you think you're living in hell's humidor.


On Saturday, I went to the gym and was able to run 2.4 miles on the dreadmill before my lungs began to constrict.  However, there was a sign of progress in my legs, which felt good for the first time since I got the flu.  I think that in general my strength is returning.  I have gotten rather soft and I am still feeling the tightness in my lungs.  That's to be expected considering my lingering cough is still . . . well . . . lingering.  Overall, I refuse to complain at this point because it just isn't worth it.  I am making progress and if going through this now will allow me to avoid the flu for the next eight or nine months, then I am willing to make the best of this situation.  I plan to sit down and make out a very detailed training schedule in the next few days.  I am actually looking forward to it.  I have turned into a huge runerd! 

1 comment:

  1. Yippee for us runerds!!! Runner's world website has some good training plans if you need structure.
    Glad you are starting to see more signs of wellness, keep on pushing through.

    ReplyDelete