Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Not in a Good Place 11/23

Ok . . . I've stumbled upon a bad spell here, and I am trying to get out of it, but I kind of feel like one of those animals that got stuck in the La brea tar pits and the intensity of their struggles to get out only made things worse.  I am doing well with the dietary changes, but physically -- the wheels seem to have come off. 

Last week, after returning from L.A. Late Sunday night/Monday morning, I took two days off before going to the gym.  I decided to jump rope and was having a real good time, but at some point my back spasmed.  The pain only got worse despite all of my attempts to stretch and treat it.  I spent the remainder of the the week and weekend in a foul mood.  I can deal with most other injuries, but back strains are wretched!  Yesterday, was the first day that I felt close to alright, which is really too back because we have had a nice Indian summer going on here, and I've missed it.  Yesterday, I tried things out and went for a three miler that was all kinds of wonky.  The back held up alright, but my left quad was still tight from the bask spasm and didn't like being put to work, my right also sucked -- it is still having the same issue that had been bothering before I went to L.A.  Honestly, it all is just annoying!  I am not hurt enough to really warrant a trip to the doctor, but I'm not healthy enough to run with any confidence.  Muh!!!

Here is what I think about things at the moment:
  1. The Back issues and left Quad were most likely caused by flying coach across country and not warming up properly. 
  2. The right legs is more than likely due to overuse or an imbalance in my training.  The only time that I have spent on a bike has been during my daily commute, and I hate the elliptical, so I think that my right leg is just from too much running and not enough cross-training.  I don't think that the exercises that I was doing while I trained for the Half were enough to give my body the balance it needs.  So, this morning I hit the exercise bike for 30 minutes before work.
  3. Also, I think that another minor factor is that my current running shoes have reached their limit, and I am already breaking in a new pair.
Unfortunate, I have a race tomorrow, which at one time I had hope to PR.  Currently, I'll just be happy to run it without pain.  Frustrations . . . Frustrations . . .Frustrations . . . Frustrations . . .Frustrations . . . Frustrations . . .Frustrations . . . Frustrations . . .Frustrations . . . Frustrations . . .Frustrations . . . Frustrations . . .Frustrations . . . Frustrations . . .Frustrations . . . Frustrations . . Frustrations . . . Frustrations . . .Frustrations . . . Frustrations . . .Frustrations . . . Frustrations . . .Frustrations . . . Frustrations . . ..Frustrations . . . Frustrations . . .Frustrations . . . Frustrations . . .Frustrations . . . Frustrations . . .Frustrations . . . Frustrations . . .MUHARGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!         

    No comments:

    Post a Comment