Friday, December 3, 2010

First Garmin Run: Dec 1st

Yep, broke down and bought a Garmin.  I took my first run with it last night, and the Garmin was great, but the run was crappy.  It was really cold and my legs felt stiff the whole way.  In fact, they had been sore all day.  It was my second crappy run in a row.  I did 3.26 miles in 30:12.54.  I am still trying to figure all of the gamin stuff out, but from what I can make of it, this thing is going to be awesome!  I ran part of the course from the Turkey Trot because it doesn't have a lot of hills, and I didn't want to work my heel too much.  It was still a bit sore from the Treadmill run on Tuesday. 

I bought the older 205 because it was dirt cheap and was all I really needed.
Running with the Garmin is going to take a little getting used to because I could tell that I was trying to push it just for the sake of the Garmin.   I guess that I was attempting to impress the G-man, but I don't think that the little guy is impressed all that easily, so I need to knock that off and just run naturally. 

No comments:

Post a Comment