Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Monday 34 Degree nOg Run: 12/6


Getting Ready for the nOg Run

It snowed here Saturday afternoon, which is kind of shocking for Raleigh.  We see very little snow here and most often it doesn't come until January or February.  But Sure enough Saturday we got our first snow of the season.  More shocking was the fact that the cold front that came with it hung around.  Highs in the low 30's is very uncommon, but I for one was determined not to let it stop me from attending the nOg run on Monday.  However, I had wondered what the cold would do to the attendance.  The Answer: not much at all.  Still well over 100 people showed up for the run.  However, Hiroko was not one of them.  Hiro HATE the cold.  I on the other hand grew up in WV and went to College at Appstate in the Mountains of NC, so I have my pride when it comes to the cold.  I just added another layer and headed out.  I wasn't sure what to expect because I haven't tried to run in the cold.  But it wasn't bad at all.  The wind was a bit harsh for the first quarter mile, but I got used to it.  Overall, I really enjoyed the run.  I would even go so far as to say that I prefer the cold to humidity. 


Old B.O.B.

I ran fairly well.  Actually, it felt better than the race on Saturday.  I didn't get up to the speed that I did at the race, but the run felt  better.  I did 2.82 miles in 24.19.49 according to Old B.o.b. (my Garmin).  I named it per advice from Irene.  And Since I have to old 204 and there are much newer models that may or may not be superior, I went named it after the old robot from the Disney classic The Black Hole.

Very Underrated Sci Fi Movie




No comments:

Post a Comment