Friday, September 24, 2010

CrossFit Workout: Kelly 10/24

The Queen of Grunts!
I've been looking for a new class since Plycore Thursday has become a stair climbing class, which I can not do at this time.  Luckily, I just found out that there are CrossFit workouts going on every Friday morning.  I decided to join them this morning.  Now, I am not sure if this is an actual class or just a members organized activity, but they are using the CrossFit workouts and this morning we were doing the workout titled: Kelly.  I am not sure why the CrossFit workouts are given women's name, but my guess is that it is because each one is a BITCH demanding, difficult, but rewarding if you can hack it. 

Kelly

Run 400 meters

30 Box jump, 24 inch box (I did leg raises b/c of the heel problems)


30 Wall ball shots, 20 pound ball (I alternated between 14 and 16 lbs)
 
5 Rounds
 
this was the most difficult workout that I have done in some time.  By round four, my body was feeling it, but I was able to gut threw it even though the wall shots caused some serious Monica Seles-esque grunting, I am glad that I did this because I have needed to get back to cross training, and these workouts will do that in a big way.  I have always enjoyed my group workout, so I am looking forward to next Friday's class already. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment