Monday, September 27, 2010

Treadmill Time & KT Tape: Plantar Fasciitis -- 9/27



My heels have been feeling much better since I returned from San Fransisco.  Perhapes walking up and down all of those hills did them some good!  More than likly, they have improved because of the rest from running and my latest tape jobs.  The video above is close to what I have been doing. Except, I add another strip of tape that runs horzontaly along the sides of my foot, just under the ankel and around the achilles tendon, which give some additional support to the Achilles.  I think this modification is improtant because the PA that I went to said both injuries were related.  I have also been using the frozen water bottle technique as well, which also seems to help a lot. 



This morning I still felt really tired, so I waited until after work to go to the gym.  I ran on the Treadmill for the first time in a long time and had a gret run.  Actually, it was my best run on a treadmill.  I have gotten a lot stronger over the summer despite my injuries.
 
Treadmill Time:
5 mins @ 3.6
15 mins @ 6.6
5 mins @ 6.8
5mins @ 6.6
 
At the end of this run, I still felt really good.  I wasn't doubled over panting or anything near it, so I really think that I could have push it more if I wasn't still trying to protect my heels.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, PF is NOT fun (from what I've heard). Not fun at all. It seems like you've found a few really good treatments. Hopefully they work out for you!!

    To reply to your blog comment - traveling while running is all about planning 100%. Unfortunately, I don't have too much experience with horrible jet lag but I do know having a plan even before you leave and sticking to it is my best way for any sort of success!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was just browsing along and came upon your blog. just wanted to say good blog and this article really helped me. treadmill under 500

    ReplyDelete