Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Rain Delay Workout & Killt Quadz: 9/29

The plan was to go to Sports Conditioning class, but it has been raining here in Raleigh nearly non-stop since Sunday, therefore I wasn't able to make it to the gym this morning because I needed to give Hiro a ride to work.  The drawback to both of us using our bicycles as our primary transportation and sharing one car is that inclement weather will wreak havoc with our routine.  Luckily, Raleigh doesn't often get morning rainstorms -- this is a tropical depression coming in from the Atlantic -- so this happens like once every three or four months.  Also, Bryan's class really worked me over, so I don't think that I would have done well in Teresa's class in the slightest; my forced change of plans may have been a really good thing.  I could feel that my quads were pretty sore when I go up and down at work today, and they seemed to get tighter as the day progressed.  My quads had just begun to feel better from Friday's class yesterday, when Bryan hit them hard again.  I am going to have to really treat them well tonight.  Some muscle cream may be in order. 

I didn't really know what I wanted to do when I got to the gym.  The rain had drove a lot of people in doors, so the Treadmills were nearly all taken.  I got the last one and walked on it for about three minutes before I started to run, but I quickly figured out why it had been open; the belt was really loose, and it just felt like I was sliding every five or six steps.  I had enough after about 45 seconds and went to the track, which was shockingly empty as I started to run.  It did get really busy as I ran but not too bad.Everything was fine at the start of the run but at  2/3 of a mile, the quads started to scream out.  The were so sore that I turned the run into an interval run just to get through it .  I ran one mile, walked 1/4 of a mile, ran one more mile, walked 1/4 of a mile, and ran 1/2 mile.  By the time I finished, the quads just felt dead.  I stretched my legs then used the foam roller on them, which really seemed to help a great deal, then I stretched again.  The best thing is that my heels have really improved it seems.  They are still not 100%, but they feel better than they have in months.  I think that I may have turned the corner on that one, but we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment