Saturday, July 10, 2010

July 2rd to July 9th: Shutting It Down

I had hoped that it would not come to this but no real choice in the matter because when you are sick, you're sick.  I went to First Friday last week and had a nice bike ride, checkout the video here: July First Friday Bike Ride 

During the ride I felt really bad, lots of congestion and when we were riding up hills, I felt like my lungs were going to burst, and these hills we were going up were nothing. As much as I didn't want to, I realized that I was sick and getting worse.  I thought that I might be able to shake it if I rested on the 3rd and 4th.  I had already planned to take the 4th off because of the Holiday and my wife was returning that night, and I planned to spend my free time before my building's BBQ cleaning house.  I also thought that this would be a good time to give my Achilles a rest a well.  I was off on the 5th, but I wasn't planning to do much because I wanted to spend the day with my wife before we would have to go back to work on the 6th, then I off again on the 7th for my Birthday.  Anyway, I took off till the 7th, then tried to go back to the gym and rum, but I felt horrid afterwards, at long last I gave in an went to the doctor yesterday and got some antibiotics, so I should be back in full swing on Monday.  TheAchilles' are getting better, but I need to be careful.  I am shocked by how well my mind has done during this time away from working out.  But, I realized that I had been wearing down for a while and really need to take this time to get back to full strength.  No use in fooling myself.  Just take the time and get back in the gym when I feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment