Saturday, July 24, 2010

Staying the Course: July 24

OK . . . My Achilles' are improving daily.  Yesterday's off day went well.  And I was pain free for most of the day.  The right side feels pretty good nearly all the time, and my left one still feels a little inflamed after I workout, but neither one is as bad as they had been in June.  I think that I could start running now, but I am going to try to wait one more week.  My lack of confidences in my Achilles and my hyper sensitivity to every feeling and sensation connected to them are working against me.  I just don't trust myself to enough to move up my time table.  My last run of any kind was on the 7th, so the 28th will make three full weeks of recovery time.  I plan to wait until Monday Aug. 1st to test my Achilles out on the treadmill. However, this is going to take a degree of will power that I am not sure that I posses, because . . . well . . . I am an idiot when it comes to managing injuries.  In fact, I have done much better with his one than I ever have before.  The only reason for my lack of stupidity new found wisdom is that I really have come to love running and don't want to do anything that will prolong the time that I am a way from it.  Honestly, it is frickin' killing me, and I find staring longingly at people running on the treadmills in the gym and self consciously turning away when they notice me.  I know that I come off as some kind of gym, creep, stalker!  Oh--well, who cares, I just want to run.  Today I resisted the urge to jump on a treadmill by doing the 12 days workout that I have been doing for the last week or so.  I think that I will need to change this up some if I do it again this week.  Today's workout was good, but I am getting used to this.


The Workout

1 Burpee
2 Mt. Climbers 1 Burpee
3 Bird dogs 2 Mt. Climbers 1 Bird dog
4 Crunches 3 bird dogs 2 Mt. Climbers 1 Burpee
5 Lunges (each leg) 4 Crunches 3 bird dogs 2 Mt. Climbers 1 Burpee
6 Prisoner Squats 5 Lunges (each leg) 4 Crunches 3 bird dogs 2 Mt. Climbers 1 Burpee
7 Dips 6 Prisoner Squats 5 Lunges (each leg) 4 Crunches 3 bird dogs 2 Mt. Climbers 1 Burpee
8 Bicycles 7 Dips 6 Prisoner Squats 5 Lunges (each leg) 4 Crunches 3 bird dogs 2 Mt. Climbers 1 Burpee
9 Push ups 8 Bicycles 7 Dips 6 Prisoner Squats 5 Lunges (each leg) 4 Crunches 3 bird dogs 2 Mt. Climbers 1 Burpee
10 Arm Extensions 9 Push ups 8 Bicycles 7 Dips 6 Prisoner Squats 5 Lunges (each leg) 4 Crunches 3 bird dogs 2 Mt. Climbers 1 Burpee
11 Crossover Crunches (each side) 10 Arm Extensions 9 Push ups 8 Bicycles 7 Dips 6 Prisoner Squats 5 Lunges (each leg) 4 Crunches 3 bird dogs 2 Mt. Climbers 1 Burpee
12 Burpees
12 Mt. Climbers
12 Bird Dogs
12 Crunches
12 Lunges (each leg)
12 Prisoner Squats
12 Dips
12 Bicycles
12 Push ups
12 arm extensions
12 Crossover crunches (each side)
11 Crossover crunches (each side)
10 Arm Extensions
9 Push ups
8 Bicycles
7 Dips
6 Prisoner Squats
5 Lunges (each leg)
4 Crunches
3 bird dogs
2 Mt. Climbers
1 Burpee

No comments:

Post a Comment