Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Lifting: Tuesday 20th

Holy-moly!  I am caught up to today with this Blog.  How the heck did that happen?  Maybe I have sweat out my procrastination gene?  Hmmm . . . doubtful by the site of all the mail that needs sortin' in my apartment.  Really, some of this stuff might need to be carbon dated.  Regardless of just how it happened, I am actually blogging about today's workout, which was good.  I am starting to enjoy lifting somewhat, but I would much rather be running.  Despite the soreness and occasional inflamed feeling, I still think that it is improving, and I am still hopeful that I will be running again by the first week of August.



I lifted upper body today, and everything went well.  I made a lot of good choices regarding the weight I was lifting, and was able to keep my spine from resembling a crazy straw by the end of the workout, which is really about all that one can hope for, aside from not doing a full face plant in front of the entire gym, which I was also able to avoid!  That make to lifting sessions in a row where Newton has not decided to make me his Bitch!

The Workout:

--Chest--
Dumbbell Press:

12 reps @ 30lbs
10 reps @ 35lbs
8 reps @ 40lbs
6 reps @ 45lbs
12 reps @ 30lbs
Dumbbell Flyes: 12 reps @ 25 lbs . . . I tried 30lbs, but it kicked my butt.

--Back--
Pull ups:
12 reps @ level 20 assistance
10 reps @ level 19 assistance
8 reps @ level 18 assistance
6 reps @ level 17 assistance
9 reps @ level 20 assistance DNF

Seated Cable Rows:
12 Reps @ 90lbs

--Shoulders--
Seated Dumbbell Press:
12 reps @ 25lb
10 reps @ 30lbs
8 reps @ 35lbs
6 reps @ 40lbs
12 reps @ 25lbs
Reverse Flyes:
12 Reps @ 100lbs

--Biceps--
Alternate Hammer Curls:
12 reps @ 20lbs
10 reps @ 25lbs
8 reps @ 30lbs
6 reps @ 35lbs
12 reps @ 20lbs

Alternating Dumbbell Curls:
12 reps @ 30lbs

--Triceps--
Dips
12 reps
10 reps
8 reps
6 reps
12 reps
Seated Triceps Press (two handed):
12 reps @ 40lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment