Sunday, February 6, 2011

Post Krispy Kreme Run: 2/6

We are having another beautiful Sunday, and I am once again not feeling all that great.  This time it isn't because of exhaustion from running and travel.  No, I am not feeling well due to the dozen doughnuts that I ate as part of Yesterday's Krispy Kreme Challenge.  Neither Hiroko or I got sick last night; However, we both fell victim to something close to diabetic comas.  I slept for 4 hours following the race, and Hiroko passed out for 9 hours . . . I kid you not . . . 9 hours of solid sugary sleep!  The aftermath of the Challenge continued into this morning as I felt bloated and feared straying to far from the friendly confines of my own apartment.  However, like last Sunday, I was afraid to ignore the gift of a beautiful day such as this, so I decided to go for a run on the Meredith College Track that is just two blocks from where we live. 

I wanted to run, but didn't feel confident in straying too far from home.  Plus, the track's surface would do my ankle good.  The ankle is doing much better, but gets a little tender after running.  I wasn't sure how much I would run and didn't really have a plan when I arrived at the track.  I decided to just run as hard as my body would let me for as long as I could go because I really needed to burn off some doughnuts!  I ran two mile in 17:07.08, which I felt was really good considering I did the KKC yesterday.  I did the first mile in 8:36.84 and the second in 8:30.84.  I thought about doing a third mile but was starting to feel the doughnut and decided to quit while I was ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment