Friday, February 4, 2011

Tuesday Toning: 2/1

After Sunday's run, I just couldn't do anything on Monday.  I decided to take the Tuesday Toning Class at 5pm.  Hiro went with me, but we weren't sure how it was going to be because the regular instructor wasn't going to be in class and neither of us knew anything about the person listed as the replacement.  However, it turned out that Grant would be teaching the class, so we knew that it would be a good class.  Some people at the Y just love Grant's classes to death.  I am not one of those people, but I do like them a lot.  His classes are much more aerobics oriented than what I prefer, and I never attend his classes without Hiroko.  This class was a toning class and other than a small warm up there was not my by way of traditional aerobics.  Grant's style of toning is a different than Bryan's because Bryan will do a lot of different exercises to hit an area, but Grant while grant does few exercises, but changes his pacing and repetition pattern.  I enjoy both methods, but I must say that right now Grant's approach was what I needed because I have gotten too use to the way Bryan teaches.  I know that I felt this class more because my body wasn't prepared for what was coming.  Plus there aren't that many exercise that they share.  Overall, I am really happy that I went to this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment