Monday, April 4, 2011

weds. sports conditioning: 3/30

Needed to get in some good conditioning because Thursday would be a day of dental repairs and Friday I would be help out at a charity event for to assist Japan.  I still felt rundown from Tuesday's workout by the time I went to Class, but I was able to force myself to attend.  The class was exactly what I needed because it had a nice blend of stationary exercises and cardio stations. 

How many people have this burned into thier mind?
Recently, I purchased a new GYMBOSS Interval Timer, which I love!  I had one that I used most of the summer, but I accidentaly left in the gym.  I fianlly admitted to myself that I was never going to find it and ordered another one.  The GYMBOSS is a nice inexpensive gym tool that is an effective way to incorerate interval training into your workout.  I am a big fan of intervals because I hate trying to count reps.  I would much rather work for a designated period of time.  The GYMBOSS is nice because it allows you to set up to different interval periods, which can be set for different lengths of time, and will also count down the number of sets you do from whatever number you designate up to 99.  I used to love using it for skipping rope as well as for regulaer exercises.  I don't run intervals, but I can't see why the GYMBOSS couldn't be youed for running in tervals as well.  The only issue that I have with it is that it has a tone of features but only three buttons, so trying to remember how to program your settings can be difficult at first.  But after a little while, it becomes second nature.  It sort of reminded me of tring to remember the cheat for CONTRA on Nintendo 64.  I am not one for plugging products on my blog, but I really think that the GYMBOSS is awesome (and I have no connection to the company or anyone that works for them.  Just incase you are wondering).  I have used it in the past and don't think many people are aware of it, so I don't mind taking the time to spread the word because I searched high and low for something like this for a long time before I stumbbled upon it.

Lastly, I have decided to start logging my bike commuting totals at the end of the month, but I will cover everything I have done until now just to get it out of the way.  Since 2/14 I have commuted 76 miles by bicycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment