Friday, May 20, 2011

Lifting Legs & "Run for Your Life" Trailer: 5/17



Tuesday, I lifted legs and did abs.  After taking some Naproxin and applying some muscle creme to my foot and toe, the little piggy that stayed home began to feel much improved.

I find talking about lifting weights wearyingly dull, more than actually lifting them, which I am no real fan of either.  But I will say that since I have begun lifting weights my legs have felt considerably more sturdy.  The video above is the trailer for Run For Your Life which is documentary about the life of Fred Lebow, the late director of the NYC Marathon.  Lebow and the NYC Marathon are the duel subjects of the film because the development of the race and Lebow are so intertwined that they are inseparable.  I saw Run For Your Life on Netflix a while back when the offered it via their streaming service (it is no longer offered in that manner, but can still be watched via DVD through netflix).  The film did a wonderful job of depicting the early days and development of the The NYC Marathon and Lebow's role in the running boom of the 70's and 80's.  It had me hooked from the moment I started watching it.

2 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard of this movie, interesting.
    Glad your little piggy is getting out and about again : )

    ReplyDelete