Monday, May 9, 2011

Wednesday 5/4: Lifting Legs -- Zombie Style

True Confessions of Greg:  I love Zombie Films!  Even before the recent revival of Zombie movies, I loved them!  My first Zombie movie was Night of the Comet (1984), one of the best B movies flicks of the 1980's.  Next was the classic Night of the Living Dead, which was set in Western Pennsylvania near where I grew up.  I remember how the story seem to strike home with me even more because I recognized the names of all the towns mentioned in the film, and I remember staying up till 3am to see 1990 remake during a free preview of HBO, while I was in high school.  If push came to shove and I had to name my all time favorite Zombie movie, I would go with Zack Snyder's remake of Dawn of the Dead.

So what does this have to do with running and working out you ask?  Well, last week I felt like one of the living dead!  On Wednesday, I went to the gym determined to lift legs.  I waited until after work to go because the mornings were indescribably horrific. By the end of the day, I felt alright enough to go or just too dumb to go home a rest (perhaps a bit of both).  I did make it to the gym around 6pm and did manage to lift legs, but I was CRUSHED!  That night I went to bed at 9:30pm and slept straight through until 7am, which I never do!  When I got up, I told Hiroko that I would be taking a sick day on Friday because despite the sleep, it was going to take everything I had to make it through Thursday.  I really can't remember every being that worn down without some form of illness playing a part in it.  But, Last week the only thing bothering me were my allergies.  Thursday and Friday were total rest days for my Zombified self.

3 comments:

  1. Good job listening to your body...although it sounds like it might have been screaming at you at that point.
    I also am a horror movie fan and dig the zombie niche. Still haven't seen Dawn of the Dead. Have you seen "The Undead" and Aussie take on zombies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessie, I have not seen it, but I promise I will have by the weekend! Got to love Netflix! The original Dawn of the Dead is a classic, but I am a huge Sarah Polley fan, and the acting is just better in the remake.

    ReplyDelete