Monday, May 24, 2010

Monday the 17th: Kickboxing Aerobics & a Run

I attempted to work out on Sunday, even made it to the gym and skipped rope for a little while, but I just had nothing left in the tank. I tried to run, but my legs were having none of it. The next day, I wasn't able to attend the morning Plycore class because I had to go to work earlier than normal, and my wife wanted to go to the gym after work. We used to attend a kickboxing aerobics class together that is offered on Monday evenings, but we stopped attending the class because of my wife's work schedule and my morning class attendance. But, we decided today would be a good time to go. However, we had about 45 mins. to kill before the class, so we just decided to run on the treadmills. The class itself is not that challenging, but it offers a lot of stretching, punching, and kicking drills. We also do things like jumping jack and punch combinations and things like that. The last 10 mins. we do a punching and kicking on a standing heavy bag.


I enjoyed the class because it was a really good change of pace from the workouts that I had been doing, which I know that I need. Also, this class would have tired me out before, but now I was able to run and take the class back to back, so it is nice to see that my conditioning has so visibly improved.

The workout:

Tread Mill: 5 mins. 3.6, 10 mins. 6.2, 5. mins 3.6, 5 mins 6.2, 5 mins. 6.5
45 mins. Kickboxing Aerobics Class

No comments:

Post a Comment