Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Saturday the 15th: 12 Days of Christmas Part 2 & A Ride on a Hot Day

So after nearly getting sick on Thursday, I took Friday off. I hadn't planned it that way, but it was really needed. However, by Saturday I wanted to do something big and different at the gym. Looking over my blog, I noticed that I had not done a 12 Days of Christmas routine in sometime, and I figured that it was time to get my crazy on! I also was planning to ride bikes with my wife to two art exhibits that were going on in downtown Raleigh, so I knew that it was going to be a big day considering the temperature was forecast for the low 90's. I started out drinking lots of H2O early in the morning and avoided drinking a lot of coffee because I knew that dehydration would be a risk considering everything that I had planned to do that day.

I kicked off my 12 Days with a Grand Tour, which is where I basiclly run all over the building. Down two flights of stairs, from one end othe basement to the other, up the other stairwell two flights, and around the track, hence the name: Grand Tour.

So here is my 12 days workout song:

Round One: A Grand Tour

Round Two: Two Sprints up & down a basketball court, and a Grand Tour

Round Three: Three Step ups on each leg, Two Sprints up & down a basketball court, and a Grand Tour

Round Four: Four Burpees, Three Step ups on each leg, Two Sprints up & down a basketball court, and a Grand Tour

Round Five: Five Crunches, Four Burpees, Three Step ups on each leg, Two Sprints up & down a basketball court, and a Grand Tour

Round Six: Plank with Six Arm Raises on each side, Five Crunches, Four Burpees, Three Step ups on each leg, Two Sprints up & down a basketball court, and a Grand Tour

Round Seven: Seven Bird dogs, a Plank with Six Arm Raises on each side, Five Crunches, Four Burpees, Three Step ups on each leg, Two Sprints up & down a basketball court, and a Grand Tour

Round Eight: Eight Prisoner Squats w/leg ups, Seven Bird dogs, a Plank with Six Arm Raises on each side, Five Crunches, Four Burpees, Three Step ups on each leg, Two Sprints up & down a basketball court, and a Grand Tour

Round Nine: Nine Push ups, Eight Prisoner Squats w/leg ups, Seven Bird dogs, a Plank with Six Arm Raises on each side, Five Crunches, Four Burpees, Three Step ups on each leg, Two Sprints up & down a basketball court, and a Grand Tour

Round Ten: Ten Arm Extensions, Nine Push ups, Eight Prisoner Squats w/leg ups, Seven Bird dogs, a Plank with Six Arm Raises on each side, Five Crunches, Four Burpees, Three Step ups on each leg, Two Sprints up & down a basketball court, and a Grand Tour

Round Eleven: Eleven Mt. Climbers, Ten Arm Extensions, Nine Push ups, Eight Prisoner Squats w/leg ups, Seven Bird dogs, a Plank with Six Arm Raises on each side, Five Crunches, Four Burpees, Three Step ups on each leg, Two Sprints up & down a basketball court, and a Grand Tour

Twelve: Twelve Bicycle, Eleven Mt. Climbers, Ten Arm Extensions, Nine Push ups, Eight Pirsoner Squats w/leg ups, Seven Birddogs, a Plank with Six Arm Raises on each side, Five Crunches, Four Burpees, Three Step ups on each leg, Two Sprints up & down a basketball court, and a Grand Tour

I was not feeling very festive after I completed my 12 days, but I was proud of myself because this was the first time that I did this on my own and not as part of a class.  I was also glad that I didn't shy away from burpees.  I thought that putting them in round four was a good place for them.  however, next time I think that the will go in round 5. 

After this, my wife and I went on an 8.5 mile bike ride, and when I got home, I was done.  Shower and Sleep were about all that I could manage.

No comments:

Post a Comment