Sunday, May 9, 2010

Monday 5/3: Changes for the Better Workout!

I am proud of myself for this workout.  Not because it was difficult, but because I had every reason to skip out on this workout and didn't.  Last year, there would have been no way that I would have drug my sorry ass into the gym after such along hike on a hot and nearly two weeks of injuries and ailments.  But, I did.  I didn't make it to the morning class, but I had no intention of going to that class anyway, so I didn't feel bad.  My shoulder was just starting to feel better, and Monday's class was being taught by Kim, which just made it too unpredictable to risk.  Also, my feet were really sore in the morning, so I needed to give them some extra rest.  But, after work, I went to the gym with very little effort.  I really wanted to go, and the only thing that gave me any pause was the risk of aggravating my shoulder.

My workout was a little on the short side but it produced a good sweat.

Jump Rope: 15 intervals 90 seconds work and 15 seconds rest
Treadmill: 5 mins 3.6 and 10 mins at 6.5

This was followed by a nice stretch and some ice for my knees and shoulders.

No comments:

Post a Comment