Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Jan. 3rd Two a Day: Part 2

After work Hiro and I went to the nOg Run.  It was the first of the year, so I just couldn't miss it.  In addition, I want to try to push myself more this year.  I know that I can work harder and get more focused in regards to my workouts, so I was eager to go the run as the back end of my two a day.  It wasn't too bad of a day weather wise.  We were able to climb into the 40's, which was pretty much a requirement to get Hiroko to run outside . . . She HATES being cold, so if it gets below 40, I'll most likely be runnin' solo.  However, this day, we ran together, which I was happy about because my legs were feeling heavy after the morning class.  I ran a full minute off my pace from my last nOg run, but it felt much worse.  The mile was really rough and my hands were freezing because I had lent my gloves to Hiro.  After I sloshed through the first mile I was able to get into a bit of a groove and finish in an acceptable fashion.  I want to do more of these two a days on Monday's in order to push myself a bit more, but we will see how it works out in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment