Saturday, January 8, 2011

New Years Day Run: 1/1/11

Well, I wasn't feeling my best after a difficult run on New Year's Eve.  I hadn't done anything exciting to ring in the New Year, but I just couldn't get motivated to workout or run until well into the afternoon.  Finally, around 3:30pm, I decided to go for a run.  I wasn't sure where I was going to go, but I knew that hills were to be avoided as much as possible.  So, a run to the state capitol sounded like a good idea.  Also, if I weren't feeling good about the run, it would be easy to just run to Hiro's work and catch a ride home with her. 

As I ran down Hillsborough street, I could just tell that I was fighting it even worse than the day before, so I decided to stop at the gym workout a little then go and catch Hiro for a ride.  I didn't think that she would leave work on time, but I knew that I wouldn't be able to do much at the gym if I wanted to catch her, so a 15 min. ab session was about all that I could do before I was back out the door and headed to her work.  However, Hiro did leave on time, and I missed her, which meant that I would have to run home.  It turned out to be a good little run and what I needed on the first day of the year in all honesty.  By the time I got home, I was glad that I had done it.

The run was around 3.2 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment