Thursday, January 13, 2011

Wed Jan. 5th: Run, Class, Run.

I decided to run to the gym, took the morning Sports Conditioning class, then ran home, showered ate, and rode my bike to work.  I want to just do more this year.  Push myself to be more active and to not just be satisfied with doing what I am comfortable with and know that I can handle.  I'm at the point where I need to push myself if I want to see the results that I dream about.  Recently, my mood has be in a state of flux and it feels as if I have lost my way a little.  If I want to find satisfaction with my life and myself, I am certain that I must be willing to push beyond my comfort zones.  I know that as far as my workouts are concerned that this will require me to be honest with myself and not think about my former fitness level because it is too easy to think, "wow, I am doing great because I didn't used to be able to do this."  Well now I can, so I need to move on to something else that I can't do and start doing that!

. . . .Which is why I decided to run to class.  It wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be.  The class was good, lots of Push ups, which I have lost nearly all ability to do, so I really need to work on them.  I plan to focus on the morning classes after I return form my upcoming vacation.  I've been trying to go to them before the trip, but the weather has not been kind to us and the classes have been canceled on several occasions.  I am hoping that February will be much more mild than January has been.  I don't mind running in the cold, but ice and snow are not the best things in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment