Wednesday, August 10, 2011

3 Little Miles -- 8-10-11



Hiroko came with me, and I am glad that she did.

I ran three long slow little miles.  My form was aweful, and I was afraid my achilles would rupture with every step.  But, I still had to run.  My breathing was labored at best.  12 minute miles.  No Joke, 12 minute miles.  But nothing burst and my lungs didn't burn.  I stopped three times after feeling a twinge in my heel, but each time they passed, so I ran . . . gingerly. 

My legs were sore everywhere and my achilles and plantar tendons felt like garbage afterward.  Serious Garbage!

Was it smart to run? No.  Did I need to run? In the worst way.  Mentally, not running has been harder than being sick.  When my doctor started me on levaquin, I never imagined that it would add injury to my illness, but now the fear of injury worries me more than I care to think about.  But still, I needed this run.  So, today I'll be listening to a lot of songs that help me relax.  Rivers of Babyoln is one of the best, and I love this version that I just discoverd,  Enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. And have you been R.I.C.E.ing like crazy since?!?!?!

    Take care of yourself!!!

    (Totally jealous of your three long slow little miles)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! First thing I did. Then, I ate fatty Salmon for dinner (natural anti-inflammatory) drank tons of Cranberry juice (same), and this morning I had tomes of Blueberries, Raspberries, and Walnuts (same).

    Morgan, when you do get to run again, make sure Spike or someone, who really cares about you goes with you. It is really emotionally difficult. Every sensation is likely to have you freaking out!

    My tendons feel better today than yesterday, but I can tell it will take some time for me to heal up from this. And even after I do, it will take even more time for my mind to relax about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad Hiro was with you and sorry it was SO tough, but you did it! It's wicked hard when you are so active to go to not being active at all.
    Good job easing back into it and you'll be back in the saddle in no time.
    This is one of Shamus' favorite tunes, lovely!

    ReplyDelete