Sunday, August 14, 2011

Runnin' in the Rain -- 8/13

The temperature has finally settled in to the 80's, and I am just loving it.  I doubt that we are done with the killer heat that has driven me to the brink of madness, but I'll take whatever respite is offered.  Following Tuesday's run my leg were stiff and sore.  So much so that any idea of running of Wednesday was just  complete folly.  Hiroko was planning to have her wisdom teeth removed on Thursday, so I decided to wait until Saturday for my first run in-order to take care of her.  This would mean that I would have been off Levaquin for a whole week and might not be in as much danger of suffering it ill effects.  Due to a mix up with the doctor's office Hiro's surgery was delayed until Friday, but I stuck to my plan because my quads were in full on riot mode.

Hiro surgery went well, and I was able to sneak out for a run around mid morning.  The temperature was just awesome -- right around 82 degrees.  My legs were still a bit sore, but felt much more normal than they had on Tuesday.  I had very little discomfort in my achiillies tendons.  The Plantar tendons were a little worse, but neither was anywhere near as bad as they had been on Tuesday.  I was able to run with a normal stride which put a lot less stress on the rest of my body. 
About a mile into the run the sky just opened up and started pouring rain down on me, but I just didn't care.  I kept on running.  I was running with my I-pod for the first time in months in hopes that the music would take my mind off of all of my health concerns.  Granted, running in the rain may not seem that wise, considering my recent battles with the flu and sinus infections, but I knew that I would be fine as long as I changed out of my wet clothes when I got home, which I did.  The first two miles were just fine, but the last mile sucked.  I wasn't coughing or spitting up any of the grossness that I had over the recent weeks, but my chest was tight and I felt as if I were doing a Giles Corey impersonation.  I stopped running right at three miles and called it a day!

3 miles 31.23.79 10:27 pace

1 10:30.55
2 10.01.72
3 10:49.70

1 comment:

  1. Glad Hiro's surgery went well and hope she is still on the mend as of now.
    Sounds like a much better run, although still sore, not as much of a death march.
    I LOVE running in the rain, although I must look horrible because I've been asked on a couple of occasions if I need a ride : )

    ReplyDelete