Monday, April 5, 2010

Fitness Gauge: Weds Sports Conditioning (3/31)


This class has always been a source of frustration for me because of the size of the class and all of the rep skipping that occurs on a regular basis.  However, this week the instructor devised a way to crack down on the rep skipping, and low and behold, I shot from dead last in the class to right in the middle of the pack.  As I have said before, I know that it shouldn't matter that people skip reps, but it is really disheartening to be working so hard and still finding yourself dead . . . dead . . . dead . . . last because other people in the class are doing half the work that you are and just moving on.  So, it was really good to see that I am not as out of shape as I feel week in an week out as I trail the rest of the class.  Now, this isn't to say that I am remotely satisfied with where I am phyisically, but sign of progress are always nice.  I am not in compition with the other people in the class, but I do like to use them as a guage by which to judge my progress.  I don't think that there is anything wrong with that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment