Monday, October 4, 2010

Race Week: 3 mile Indoor Track Run (10/4)

Race week is here, which means that the excitement is in the air.  I'll need to take care this week to avoid doing anything stupid (very difficult for me) before this weekend's 5k that might jeopardize my run.  Right now, I an excited about this run.  I have prepared  more than I did before my last 5k, and the heels are much improved.  Here is my plan for the week, which I started with today's run:

Monday: 3 mile indoor track run
Tuesday: Toning Class with optional 1 mile run
Wednesday:  3 mile outdoor run and Sports Conditioning class Ab session
Thursday: off
Friday: off
Saturday: 5k

I might alter this a little and do something light on Thursday, but this is the plan as of now.

The 3 mile indoor run was today's workout, and it went off without a hitch and was one of the better runs that I have had on the indoor track.  I was able to run complete the run in around 26 minutes, The track wasn't very crowded, so that helped a lot.  Also, I put some new music on my I-pod (Adam Lambert, Kidding . . . ok, not really . . . just one song!  I know I just lost some man points) that really inspired me to pick up my pace.  I felt great running this because I was able to push myself a lot harder than I have been doing recently.  My quad burned a little, and I had a couple small twinges of pain in my left heel, but they didn't interfere with the run in the slightest.  My upper body is still sore from Friday's push up hell day and made the first mile a bit interesting, but I was lucky that I need to focus on my lap count, so I couldn't think about the soreness too much.  Pushing it felt awesome because I know that as hard as I went today that I still had a lot in the tank that I should be able to draw on for the race.  By the end, my lungs were burning a bit, but I never attempted anything close to a kick.  I don't want to get cocky about this run on the weekend at all.  I just want to try to run as hard as I can and know that in the end I didn't hold anything back.  We'll see how that goes on Saturday, but for today, I am feeling awesome after two good runs in a row!

1 comment:

  1. Sweeeet runs are the BEST and the reason we keep pounding our knees into the ground. Good luck on Saturday, don't leave anything on the table!

    ReplyDelete