- I got up and went to Sports Conditioning Class: it was so-so.
- I went to work and had a craptastic day, and I am not even sure why.
- I ate Mexican food for lunch.
- I came home and went for a run. (I know where you might think this is going considering I once held the nickname "Puke Skywalker," but not this time!
- I ran 4.81 mile along the most hilly street in Raleigh and did it in somewhere around 40 mins. (I need a Garmin!!)
|Today's Lunch: not sure how I kept this in me!|
In fact, it usually a recipe for disaster. However, today was not the case. I had not planned this run, but after work, I knew that I needed to run or I would just sit a stew all night, so I asked Hiro if she want to go for a run with me and once she stopped laughing enough to shake her head no, I was out the door without any real idea where I was going. I decided to run along Wade Ave. because it is the only really hilly spot near where I live, and I wanted to run on cement somewhere more challenging than the 5k course will be on Saturday. Also, if I had seen someone running along that street 6 months ago, I would have thought they were nuts. The street is only has small rolling hills, but they are some of the biggest hills that you will find around here. I had a bit of stomach pain toward the tail end of Wade Ave., but it in noway slowed me down. Once I hit about 2.5 miles had no problems. I was really shocked at how easily I handled the hills. All of those Umstead runs are paying off.