Thursday, October 21, 2010

Treadmill Tuesday post Char-Grill Run: 10/19

I went to the gym today to get in some time on the treadmill.  I wanted to run the treadmill because I needed to be able to stop where I was if I started having stomach issues.  My stomach had been a bit testy all day due to Char-Grill a local landmark burger joint , which is an awesome place to eat, but not great if you are planning to run the next day!  So, I wisely decided to run on the treadmill.  Hiro and I also had stuff to do, so my running window was really narrow.

The Run was alright and I was able to run at much faster pace than I could in the past.  However, I realize that I no longer enjoy the treadmill as much as I did in the past.  The trails and streets are much more appealing to me.  This is a big deal for me because I never thought that I would be the type of person that you would find running through the city streets or along a trail.  Now, I just love that I am out from under the artificial light and am not forced to stare at TV permanently tuned into the 24 hour noise/news channels!

Treadmill Run
3 min @ 3.6
2 min @ 6.8
10 min @ 7.2
3 min @ 3.6
2 min @ 4.2
2 min @ 7.2 (I started having stomach pains here)
3 min @ 6.8 a combination of stomach pains and a need to leave caused me to stop after 25 mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment