Friday, March 5, 2010

Hitting the Wall!

Well, I seem to have pushed myself to the point where my body has figured that it know what is best for me. After Wednesday’s Sports Conditioning Class, I felt wiped out, but I was looking forward to Thursday's Plycore class. However, after work I felt rundown and low on energy. Around 9:30pm I just couldn't keep my eyes open any longer and went to bed. My wife has just started a new position at job, so she was beat as well, and we decided to call it a night early. I slept really heavy, but around 3am I got up to go to the restroom. I felt pretty good when I woke up and actually thought about just staying up until it was time to go to class, but I figured that another hour sleep would sort me out and went back to sleep. I woke up with my first alarm, but figured that I would wait and get up when my next alarm went off. Now, I remember turning off the next alarm because it is hard to find the of button on it . . . but unfortunately my last alarm was the clock that is the least difficult to turn, which means that sometime I can turn it off without really being awake, and that is just what I did. So, I woke up 10 mins. before Plycore started! I wasn't even that upset because I knew that I was just too tired to go, and I knew that if I forced myself to go to the gym that I would just hurt myself.


Going into Wednesday, I knew that I was getting rundown, but I wanted to try to push myself this week and try to do both Thursday and Friday's classes. As much as I am working out, I need to get better at listening to what my body is telling me and avoid an injury that might cause me a major setback. Luckily, these classes are so early that I oversleep when I hit the wall and that helps to prevent me from getting to the point of injury in the gym. However, I need to heed the warning signs of fatigue and not let myself get to this point. Now, I am glad that I was smart enough to not even attempt to go to the gym after I overslept, and this is a step in the write direction, but I really need to avoid the workout wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment