Thursday, March 25, 2010

Saturday Ride

Saturday was a really sunny wonderful day . . . and . . . I volunteered to help a co-worker with a program and spent nearly the whole day inside. Oh well! I had a good time, and it is always good to lend a hand, but it is just ironic that all of the some-what crappy days go by and I have nothing to do on the weekend, but the first sunny day, and I am stuck inside for most of it. However, after the program was over, my wife and I went on an 8 mile bike ride. I could have gone to the gym, but I needed to be outside. This was a nice little ride that was highlighted by an encounter with a small family of deer. We were riding near my office, which is adjacent to a 306 acre undeveloped woodland right in the heart of Raleigh that some people would like to see turned into a park. There are a few bike paths and a lightly travel rode with a nice sidewalk that a lot of employees jog on during lunch times during the work week. And, on the weekends the place is an absolutely perfect place for a ride or walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment