Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Monday Sports Conditioning: 03/23


This sports conditioning class was really rough. It was taught by Kim, and Kim's classes are always demanding. I find them to be particularly challenging because she has us do a number of exercises that none of the other instructors at the Y use. She often has us do a lot of crawling or running with weights. Also, her classes will employ a good deal of jumping, burpees, and mt. climbers. Another reason why Kim's classes are challenging is because she has us due more reps or longer sets for each exercise. Her classes generally don't require much running, Byran and Dan both require much more. Overall her classes require much more strength and she seems to isolate muscles more. I enjoy taking her classes once or twice a month, but I don't think that I could handle doing them every week because there are too many of her exercises that make me feel like my body just isn't ready for at this time. Her classes a geared more towards people who are in good shape and are training for sporting events. Honestly, I am not in that category of people so taking her class once in a while is alright, but weekly would be a bad idea.

I am not going to bother writing a detailed account of the class because it has been so long ago that I couldn't recall everything. Most of the exercises were timed instead of rep counts. We did a lot work with weights: running, squats, and stairs, ect. There were a couple of exercises that I couldn't do, and did push ups instead. One of these was getting into a plank and climbing up the wall with your feet until you body is veritcal. I just couldn't do this because of the weight it would put on my shoulders.  It may seem like I am complaining about this class, but I am not.  It is just that this class shows me all the work that I still need to do inorder to get where I want to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment