Monday, March 1, 2010

The Madness of March Starts With a Two-a-Day!!!

Yes, boys a girls I drug my sorry ass self back to the gym in order to punish myself some more. Actually, I have come up with the idea that I should do a two-a-day the day before an off day. I am still kicking the notion around. However, I am not sure if I will be able to go to the gym tomorrow. They are calling for rain and my wife needs our car in the morning, so I will be on the bicycle again, so I won't make it in the morning if the rain is heavy, and I am reluctant to do a big workout in the evening and then go to Wed. morning’s Atonement class. We'll see how things play out in the morning.
I'll be honest; this morning’s workout CRUSHED me! I was actually having sharp pains in my head when I would stand up too quickly most of the morning. I am not bragging about this at all!! It wasn't scary. I just knew that I had over done it a bit this morning. I felt better by the afternoon, but I was still very tired when I arrived at the gym and wasn’t sure how much I would be able to do, but once I began working out I hit my stride pretty quick and was able to put in a pretty good workout. I am realizing that I have a lot more in the tank that I think I do, and I just need to learn how to tap into it.

Afternoon Workout:

For my afternoon workout I decided to go with intervals. 15One min. intervals with fifteen seconds rest in between. I did three rounds:


 Round 1:

  1. Crossover Crunch Left
  2. Crossover Crunch Right
  3. Standard Crunch
  4. Bird Dogs
  5. Fire Hydrants w/ leg extension
  6. Crossover Crunch Left
  7. Crossover Crunch Right
  8. Standard Crunch
  9. Bird Dogs
  10. Fire Hydrants w/ leg extension
  11. Crossover Crunch Left
  12. Crossover Crunch Right
  13. Standard Crunch
  14. Bird Dogs
  15. Fire Hydrants w/ leg extension

Round 2:
  1. Alternating Bicep Curls w/10lbs. weights
  2. Prisoner Squats w/leg ups
  3. Alternating lunges w/10lbs. weights
  4. Squats w/10lbs. weights
  5. Alternating Bicep Curls w/resistance bands
  6. Alternating Bicep Curls w/10lbs. weights
  7. Prisoner Squats w/leg ups
  8. Alternating lunges w/10lbs. weights
  9. Squats w/10lbs. weights
  10. Alternating Bicep Curls w/resistance bands
  11. Alternating Bicep Curls w/10lbs. weights
  12. Prisoner Squats w/leg ups
  13. Alternating lunges w/10lbs. weights
  14. Squats w/10lbs. weights
  15. Alternating Bicep Curls w/resistance bands
 Round 3:
Interval run: 1 min. Run 15 sec. jogging X15

1 comment:

  1. My God -- just reading this makes me tired.

    A 24-karat gold star to you!! :)

    ReplyDelete