Saturday, March 13, 2010

Saturady's Workout: The Mechanics of Change

Yesterday was an off day, so I felt a little sluggishness when I began my workout, but it quickly went away, and I had a really good workout. I feel a stronger and more sturdy in general, and when I workout, I can tell that a workout that would have left me gasping for air a few months ago is now nothing more than normal exercise. I still sweat a ton, but I have to work much harder to hit the point of exhaustion. These changes are particularly noticeable when I run on the treadmill. My wife says that she can hear a difference in the way my stride sounds on the treadmill. She says that I sound a lot lighter than before. Also, I have noticed that I feel like my pace has picked up throughout my life. In fact the hallway at work has begun to seem a lot shorter to me than it once did, and I feel like I am carrying me weight in my shoulders more than before. My weight all used to be centered right in my belly, but I really think that my center of gravity has shifted towards my shoulders. All of these changes are welcome, and I want to see this progress continue over the coming months because I know that I am on the cusp of major turning point in my life, and I need to make myself into the person that I have always really wanted to be. It is hard to look at yourself in the mirror everyday and think that this is not suppose to be the person looking back at me. I am not just talking about appearance but attitude and mental outlooks as well. In earlier posts, I've written about how I am not a type-A personality person, and I am not, nor will I ever be one, but I am also not the type of person who is comfortable doing nothing and letting life just pass them by. I am too aware that life is fleeting, and I don't want to waste another second on something like a Road Rules Marathon or an episode of Survivor!

Today's Workout:

Tread Mill 30 mins: 5mins level 4.0, 10 mins. level 6.0, 5 mins level 4.0, 5 mins. level 6.0, 5 mins level 7.0

Intervals: 90seconds work 15 seconds rest
  1. Crossover Crunch Left
  2. Crossover Crunch Right
  3. Standard Crunch
  4. Bird Dogs
  5. Prisoner Squats w/leg ups
  6. Crossover Crunch Left
  7. Crossover Crunch Right
  8. Standard Crunch
  9. Bird Dogs
  10. Prisoner Squats w/leg ups
  11. Crossover Crunch Left
  12. Crossover Crunch Right
  13. Standard Crunch
  14. Bird Dogs
  15. Prisoner Squats w/leg ups


No comments:

Post a Comment