Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Friday the 26th & Sunday the 28th: Rope Work


I didn't have a lot of time to work out on Friday, so I just did some jump rope intervals. I knew that Saturday would be a busy day because I would be working on a service event that I had help organize, and I just wanted to do enough to get a good sweat going, which was why I chose to do some rope work. When push comes to shove, there is really no other form of exercise that can compare to jumping rope, especially when you consider that it can be done just about anywhere and with a minimal amount of equipment. One of the main reasons that I like to jump rope is that I rarely get bored with it. It requires enough concentration that time just seems to pass by quickly, and on the rare occasions that start feeling bored, all I need to do is change up the rhythm, speed, or pattern that I am jumping in order to refocus. Recently, I have been trying to skip rope about three times a week, and I have found that these workouts are always some of the sweatiest workouts of the week. At first I thought that jumping rope would be hard on my knees but that has not been the case thus far.

Here is a link to an article on the benefits of jumping rope.

Friday's Workout:

Jump Rope 15 intervals of 90 seconds of work and 15 seconds rest


Sunday Jump rope and Laps:

100 skips
1 lap around track (1 lap = 1/15 of a mile)
200 skips
2 laps
300 skips
3 laps
400 skips
4 laps
500 skips
5 laps

No comments:

Post a Comment