Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Weds. Sports Conditioning Class: Paid in Full

I am going to take a different approach with my description of this class instead of trying to describe each exercise I will mainly highlight the differences from last week’s class. Unfortunately, our instructor doesn't write down her routines for us, and we do so many different exercises that it is too difficult to keep track exactly what we are doing. So this week the main difference was that we were using dumbbells throughout the class: arm exercises, abs, lunges, squats, step ups, ect. I decided to use 12 lbs. weights, which were not as bad as I thought they were going to be. Of course I spent most of the class trying to keep up with everyone else. Trailing so far behind the classes is pretty discouraging, but I know that I am still completing the whole class.

Each week as the class is about to end our instructor will begin to tell people that if they need to leave she will give them an IOU for the rest of the workout. I pride myself on the fact that I finish my class even if it means that I stay later (unless I have to go to work early). Today, after the class was over she was cleaning up while I was still finishing up, and she asked me if I was sure that I didn't want to take that IOU and that she had really low interest rates. I told her that I am more of the pay as you go type of guy. The last thing that we had to do was 10 Burpees, which were pretty tough, but finishing with something difficult provided me with a real sense of accomplishment. The instructor was talking with a classmate when I finished the last one, so I walked past them as I was leaving the gym, looked at her and said, "Paid in full!" Okay . . . I know pretty dorky, but at the time it felt cool, and I'll take that.
Overall, I am feeling pretty worn down but my plan is to keep going until Saturday. I really want to go to the Friday morning class, and I think that I can handle that class because it does not require any running, but I will really be in need of a day off from the gym by then, so it may end up that I take Friday off.

No comments:

Post a Comment