Monday, March 22, 2010

Thursday Plycore and a Bicycle Ride

The time change still had me a mess on Thursday.  Despite being on time for class, I just never felt as good this week as I did the week before.  The class was great and I enjoyed the workout, but I never got in sync.  This was another big running class, and it had an outside portion as well.  However, it was just a bit colder than last week, which wasn't any real problem after the first couple of laps.  In the Afternoon, my wife and I went for a bike ride along one of Raleigh's Greenways that runs near our apartment.  It runs from Meridith College to the NC Museum of Art, which is a really cool place to bike.  The entire course is paved and takes you over several good sized hills; the course is 5.8 miles round trip from my door and has a lot of cool sculptures (like the one above) built in to the course.  We couldn't have asked for a nicer day for this ride.  Now that the weather has started to improve and my wife has a bicycle, I know that I will be much more active in the evenings after work and on the weekends, so I am hopeful that I will really start to see the pounds fall off as the warmer months.  I can't think of a time since childhood where I have been looking forward to summer more.

The Workout:

4 laps around the Track
50 Push Ups
100 Crunches
100 Arm Extensions

2 laps around the outside of the bldg.
20 squat presses w/8lbs. dumbbells
2 flights of stairs Up & Down
2 laps around the outside of the bldg.
20 squat presses w/8lbs. dumbbells
15 push up on a flipped bosu
4 flights of stairs Up & Down
2 laps around the outside of the bldg. 
20 squat presses w/8lbs. dumbbells

15 push up on a flipped bosu
20 lunges (each leg) w/8lbs. dumbbells
6 flights of stairs Up & Down
2 laps around the bldg.

PM 5.8 Mile Bicycle Ride


No comments:

Post a Comment