Thursday, August 5, 2010

Back to Class: Monday Aug 2. Plycore.

After a weekend of stretching and and hamstring rehab exercises, I felt good enough to return to Plycore class.  I made up my mind that I would be cautious before I even started the class.  I arrived forty-five minutes early so that I could warm up and stretch my legs.  I felt really good throughout the class.  We began with a 2.3 mile run through the city streets.  I was able to finish the run, but I didn't try to push it.  Also, my conditioning had clearly dropped off from where it was prior to my achilles issues.  I did not take part in any leap frogs or stairs.  Instead, I did dips, walking lunges, and leg lifts as alternatives.  After the class I did a lot of stretching and used the foam roller.  I felt good for most of the day, but I did start to stiffen up towards the end of the day, but my wife help me to stretch and massaged my legs.  Overall, I was pleased with my effort and the class, but I still need to be cautious.  My legs are still being effected by my injuries, but I am optimistic that I can take classes again.  We'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry it took so long for me to stop by. I wanted to say thanks for the nice comment you left re: being injured. I'm sorry to hear you're going through it, too. Esp when you were getting to the point in running where you were enjoying it. For what it's worth, I think you're making a great decision by taking it easy. When I backed out of the ultra a friend said to me, "live to run another day." The only thing I want is to be a healthy runner and if it meant taking a month in a boot, then that's what had to be done. Hang in there, ease back into it. And congrats on your weight loss journey!!

    ReplyDelete