Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Worst Achilles Day Yet! Sat. Aug. 7th

I don't want to dwell on this day because it is in the past, and my achillies has improved greatly since then, but this was a hard day to take.  My achilles was pretty sore when I woke up on Saturday morning, but I thought/hoped/deluded myself into thinking that it would improve as the day went on.  Let's just say that it did not!  I just got worse and worse until I was mentally exhausted by it all and had convinced myself that I would soon be wearing a boot on my foot.  Basically, I am pretty sure that I had overstretched my legs and caused my achilles to flare up. 

The day went badly because instead of just lifting or swimming I tried to run on the treadmill.  I stretched a little before getting on the treadmill.  And I was hoping that after walking for 5mins. my achilles would warm up and allow me to run, but it didn't it just got worse as I began to run and the soreness was so bad that after  10mins running I got off of the tread mill without my customary 5mins walking.

I went and did some abs and stretched, then I iced, showered and went shopping with my wife.  The longer I was on my feet the worse I felt and the more my mental stat began to plummet.  The heat and crowds in the stores were making me nuts and I wanted to cut my feet off with a rusty hacksaw!!  Luckily, when I got home I had the sense to ice my achilles, take some anti-inflammatories, and put on some muscle cream.  I also made sure to keep my legs elevated.  As the night progressed my mood improved a little, but I was still not hopeful that Sunday would bring much improvement.  However, when Sunday rolled around I would be shocked!!  I will save the details for my next post, but I will say this . . . It was a good that came at the right time because I am not sure that I could have taken a repeat of Saturday!  Sometimes the world like to just pile it on, but thankfully, Sunday wasn't on of those days!

No comments:

Post a Comment