Monday, August 30, 2010

Sun Aug. 22 Post Race Recovery.

I felt fairly good after my race, but my energy level was really low.  My body had been pushed pretty hard, and I was feeling proud.  However, I couldn't stop thinking about my next race, which is on Oct. 9th, it seems so far away, but it is really right around the corner.  I am not sure what my official goal for that race will be yet.  I will more than likely wait until about a week before the race to set my official goal.  However, I all ready have an idea of where I would like to be for that race, but I need to see how much preparations I can get in before hand.  The achilles is still a big concern, which needs to be resolved quickly.  I also noticed that I had strained a tendon on the top of my foot that was giving me some pain primarily when I was going down stairs, but I knew that it was nothing more than a very mild strain and would work itself out. 

I decided that it would be best if I just did a good stretching session and rest up for Mondays class.  I didn't realize that the Y would having the floors resurfaced the next week, so all of the classes were canceled, but more about that later . . . I have noticed a pretty significant increase in my flexibility over the last few weeks, which is a good sign in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment