Friday, August 13, 2010

Sunday 8/8: Dramatic Change!

I am not sure how to explain, don't think that I could, but after plunging to a new mental low regarding the state of my achilles on Saturday when I woke up on Sunday, I felt good.  Very little soreness, not to stiff, really such a dramatic turn around that I couldn't trust myself that it was real.  By the time 1pm rolled around and the gym opened up, I was pretty sure that I would be able to run, but I had decided not to use the treadmill but to run on the indoor track.  I felt that it would let me control my pace a little better.  I started with 5 warm up laps .33 miles.  I then ran two miles on the indoor track.  This was the first time that I had ever run more than a mile on the gyms track.  But, I really liked it because I was able to give myself a good run without having to worry about falling of a treadmill or getting hit by a car (nice!).  I think that I'll do this more depending upon the traffic on the track.  Overall, I felt so good after this!  I did some ab work and afterward I stretched but was careful not to over do it. I then went home, iced, elevated, and put on some Flexall, and hoped that Monday would bring another good day and that I could return to Plycore.

No comments:

Post a Comment