Sunday, August 1, 2010

Good Riddance July!

Dear July,

The thirty one days that we spent together were rather disappointing.  In fact, I would venture to say that they were for the most part they were aggravating and annoying.  I know that some of this was not your fault.  July, I know you had nothing to do with the chest infection or achilles problems that bothered me for your whole visit, but July -- we had so many plans for those days that were basically wiped-out by these injuries and illness that really made it difficult to enjoy our time together.  However, I must say that what really messed up your visit was your insistence upon doing the same thing day after day!  Last year your visit was lovely, we enjoyed picnic's in the park with a cool breeze, trips to the farmers market, hiking, nice thunderstorms, mild showers, and tons nights outside eating myriads of summer fruit, drinking tons of Japanese teas, and watching stars.  But this year July, all that you wanted to do was lay out in the sun and bake.  I know that I have a dark complexion and tan easily, but skin cancer is not in my plans, neither do I want to spend every waking moment that I am not in the sun bottled up inside with the air conditioner blasting! So, my friend as our visit comes to an end, I say to "Good Riddance".  I looked forward to you for most of 2010, but now I am sure that I will look upon your next visit with trepidation and doubt.  Next year, you mustn't be so unyielding with your plans and considerate of others!

--G--

Lifting July 28th:

The Workout:

--Chest--
Dumbbell Press:
12 reps @ 30lbs
10 reps @ 35lbs
8 reps @ 40lbs
6 reps @ 45lbs
12 reps @ 35lbs
Dumbbell incline Press: 12 reps @ 35 lbs.

--Back--
Pull ups:
12 reps @ level 20 assistance
10 reps @ level 19 assistance
8 reps @ level 18 assistance
6 reps @ level 17 assistance
7 reps @ level 19 assistance DNF
Seated  Cable Rows 12 Reps @ 80lbs
--Shoulders--
Seated Dumbbell Press:
12 reps @ 25lbs
10 reps @ 30lbs
8 reps @ 35lbs
6 reps @ 40lbs
12 reps @ 30lbs
Front Raises:
12 Reps @ 20 lbs
--Biceps--
Preacher Curls:
12 reps @ 30lbs
10 reps @ 40lbs
8 reps @ 60lbs (couldn't get the 50 lbs bar)
6 reps @ 60lbs
12 reps @ 50lbs
Alternating Dumbbell Curls:
12 reps @ 30lbs
--Triceps--
Dips
12 reps
10 reps
8 reps
6 reps
12 reps
Lying Triceps Press (two handed):
12 reps @ 40lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment