Sunday, August 15, 2010

Monday 8/9 Continued Improvement: Plycore

After Sunday's run I wasn't sure if I would/should attend Plycore on Monday morning, but after going through my treatment routine again, the achilles still felt just as good as it had on Sunday morning.  I decided that I would attend class, but that I would once again limit myself and only do the exercises that I felt comfortable with.  I knew that we would start the class with a run outside and even though I had some reservations about it, I wanted to do the run because I am entered in a 5k on the 21st, and I needed to see if I would really be able to take part.  I once again got there early and warmed up with some simple brisk walking.  Luckily, we decided to alter our normal running course to one that is much more flat, which made me feel much better.  The course was 2.64 miles, and I finished in around 27 mins.  I felt really good after the run.  After this I did a bunch of abs and push ups before stretching.  I was happy that I could do this, but I wasn't sure how I would feel after sitting at my desk all day at work, but as it turned out I still felt good and I promised myself that I would not run at all on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment