Sunday, February 7, 2010

02/06/10 Where I Stand

The scale is fickle foe. Some days it seems to love you and on others it just wants to rip your heart out for sheer sport. I try not to obsess over it, but show me someone who is trying to lose weight and says that they don't care what the scale says, and I'll show you a liar. I weighed myself several times throughout the week, but I only count what it says each Saturday or Sunday. Yesterday, I weighed in at 281.5, which is .7lbs less than the last official weigh in I did. Not too bad. I know that I am in the midst of a weight loss plateau as far as pounds are concerned. My body is still changing for the positive, but I am not seeing the effects on the scale as much as I would like. From mid Dec. to early Jan, I had been shedding pounds like mad and got down to 278.6, but then went back up to 282.2 within a week. I am sure that this is due to a shift from fat loss to muscle gain within my body. I have tried to get use to these shifts and see them a normal.


Luckily this plateau has been accompanied by some positive developments. I had to move to a smaller belt, and I can now wear a pair of jeans that I could not get into two months ago and now the jeans are loose. Also the smaller belt is one I have had but couldn't use because it was two tight even on the first notch. When I tried it on this time I was able to bypass the first notch and almost use the third. So, I am happily using the second notch. So, this is where I stand. Not thrilled by the lack of progress on the scales, but happy with the way my body is changing.

No comments:

Post a Comment