Sunday, February 7, 2010

Packed House Workout: Super bowl Sunday

 Today was Super bowl Sunday and the Y was packed. Everyone wanted to get their workout in early, so they could enjoy the game. I decided to do a workout that would not require the use of much equipment or have me in the main workout areas. Locker 29 was waiting for me as was one of the empty aerobics class rooms!


Today's Workout:
30 minutes of skipping rope
10 one legged squats (each leg)
10 fire hydrants (each leg)
10 military push-ups10 one legged squats (each leg)
10 fire hydrants (each leg)
10 military push-ups
Cool down

This was about a 50 minute workout. The rope work exhausted me. I did lots of high knees and butt kicks, which were just brutal. For the high knees, I did intervals of 20 seconds work and 10 seconds rest, which does not sound like a lot, but is just brutal. My hip flexor has been really sore following this workout. I stretched it out and iced it after I finished. I am planning to apply some muscle cream before bed, so I hope that it won't get in the way of a good class tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment